To do well when playing Blackjack, choosing the right casino site is the 1st and most important step for a Blackjack player to check as the right casino site is the first and the most important step for the player to focus on. This is because choosing the right casino site means a comfortable playing environment for him, to relax and concentrate on playing as well as winning. Things that any player should focus on are to make certain that the services that help you develop a hit level of Blackjack, are available at the casino site you choose.
Game of skill
The basic rules of Blackjack are to have the skill of knowing when to double-down, split, buy insurance (don’t) and when to take a hit. Statistically you will increase your odds in your favour if you:
- Do split a pair of 8s and Aces;
- Don’t split cards that have a value of 10, example: 10s, Jacks, Queens or Kings.
- Do split nines, sevens, twos, threes, or sixs, (but not when your dealer has 7 or higher);
- Don’t buy insurance as dealers only gets a natural 30 percentmost of the time when he gets an ace. It does not make any sense to bet on him;
- Do double down with a total of ten but not if the dealer has a ten or an ace;
- Do double down with an 11, but not if the dealer has an ace;
- Don’t take any more hits with a soft 19;
- Do take a hit with an 11 or less;
- Do if you have between 12 and 16, take a hit if the dealer’s card is 7 or higher;
- Don’t take any more hits with a hard hand of 17 or higher;
- Do take a hit with a soft 17 or less;
- Do take a hit with a soft 18;
- Do take a hit if the dealer has a 6 or less.
These are the basic rules and you need to know them and know them well if you are playing Blackjack with seasoned players. Perhaps at first you should just watch the good players play against a good dealer.